My cousin recently asked me why I had a c-section with Grayson so I searched through my blog in hopes to find the birthing story. I couldn't find one...I wasn't very good at blogging. So here is my story for my keepsakes and for anybody who is interested. :>
With Gray I didn't have any struggles through my pregnancy. I easily got pregnant and the whole pregnancy went smoothly...until the last week and a half before my due date...At my 39 week appointment my doctor did an ultrasound (don't forget I was 19 almost 20 so really young and way more naiive...still am and still learning but very uninformed) She did the ultrasound and pointed out his bladder and how overly full it was. At that point I was already nervous. So she sat us down and said i am going to have you come back in in 4 days to have another ultrasound to look at his bladder again and see if he empties it. So we came back in on a Monday and she did the ultrasound. Basically his bladder was extremely large and not normal and she said if it stayed that way it could mean something is blocking him from peeing which means it could back up into his kidneys and cause serious damage. So she said with you being at 39 weeks I feel it is safe to have you be induced to be extremely precautious with this so it doesn't become something that could cause problems after you have him. So I said okay. We went in Tuesday night they started me on Cervadil at 7pm which was supposed to soften things up and help me to dialate. At 5am she came in to check me and I was having extreme contractions so she checked me and couldn't believe I still hadn't progressed... I wasn't even dialated to a 1! So they took out the cervadil gave me a little break then at 7am they started me on pitocin in hopes it would also help me to dialate. At 10:30 she was back in and I still hadn't progressed but was in extreme pain from the contractions and I hadn't slept at all the previous night...neither had chris because of this. haha So she gave me the epidural in hopes to help me relax. 12:30 still nothing so she said okay I'm going to break your water. ( that's where the naiive part comes in I should have known and she should have told me that nobody's water should really be broken until you're at like 3 cm! I wasn't even to a 1 STILL!) So she broke my water in hopes of some progression. 2:30 she checked me again still nothing. 4:30 she checked me the last time and then she felt concerned for me and for the baby for being under so much stress and contractions and now there was no water for the baby (which they can last up to 24 hours without but my body had already been through so much in the last 24 hours it was becoming a concern for her) so she prepped me for surgery. I threw up more from nerves than anything since I hadn't eaten anything all day. They gave me some more meds and took me in and let Chris follow soon after they had me all prepped and ready to go. They would poke at my belly asking if I could feel anything...even after alll the meds they gave me I still felt soooo much and was in an extreme amount of pain and I was just plain exhausted. Finally he was out at about 6:20 I believe and he immediately peed alll over the doctor (so that solved the original problem). He was perfectly healthy and in good condition but the doctor was right in being concerned about this so called PUV that could affect his kidney. I didn't hold Grayson until 9 the next morning I was so drugged up. terrible I know but I knew if I held him with all those drugs in my system I could have dropped him I could barely keep my eyes open. So I now have a huge scar just above my pelvic bone and it still hurts sometimes and is quite numb still. They say one of the risks of v-bac is that the scar could rupture and could cause lots of problems for me and the baby. It's rare but still something they warn you of. The only thing I"m concerned about right now is her turning which I know she h has plenty of time but that will ruin my chances of having a v-bac.
Well that's the story...a nice long one!
With Gray I didn't have any struggles through my pregnancy. I easily got pregnant and the whole pregnancy went smoothly...until the last week and a half before my due date...At my 39 week appointment my doctor did an ultrasound (don't forget I was 19 almost 20 so really young and way more naiive...still am and still learning but very uninformed) She did the ultrasound and pointed out his bladder and how overly full it was. At that point I was already nervous. So she sat us down and said i am going to have you come back in in 4 days to have another ultrasound to look at his bladder again and see if he empties it. So we came back in on a Monday and she did the ultrasound. Basically his bladder was extremely large and not normal and she said if it stayed that way it could mean something is blocking him from peeing which means it could back up into his kidneys and cause serious damage. So she said with you being at 39 weeks I feel it is safe to have you be induced to be extremely precautious with this so it doesn't become something that could cause problems after you have him. So I said okay. We went in Tuesday night they started me on Cervadil at 7pm which was supposed to soften things up and help me to dialate. At 5am she came in to check me and I was having extreme contractions so she checked me and couldn't believe I still hadn't progressed... I wasn't even dialated to a 1! So they took out the cervadil gave me a little break then at 7am they started me on pitocin in hopes it would also help me to dialate. At 10:30 she was back in and I still hadn't progressed but was in extreme pain from the contractions and I hadn't slept at all the previous night...neither had chris because of this. haha So she gave me the epidural in hopes to help me relax. 12:30 still nothing so she said okay I'm going to break your water. ( that's where the naiive part comes in I should have known and she should have told me that nobody's water should really be broken until you're at like 3 cm! I wasn't even to a 1 STILL!) So she broke my water in hopes of some progression. 2:30 she checked me again still nothing. 4:30 she checked me the last time and then she felt concerned for me and for the baby for being under so much stress and contractions and now there was no water for the baby (which they can last up to 24 hours without but my body had already been through so much in the last 24 hours it was becoming a concern for her) so she prepped me for surgery. I threw up more from nerves than anything since I hadn't eaten anything all day. They gave me some more meds and took me in and let Chris follow soon after they had me all prepped and ready to go. They would poke at my belly asking if I could feel anything...even after alll the meds they gave me I still felt soooo much and was in an extreme amount of pain and I was just plain exhausted. Finally he was out at about 6:20 I believe and he immediately peed alll over the doctor (so that solved the original problem). He was perfectly healthy and in good condition but the doctor was right in being concerned about this so called PUV that could affect his kidney. I didn't hold Grayson until 9 the next morning I was so drugged up. terrible I know but I knew if I held him with all those drugs in my system I could have dropped him I could barely keep my eyes open. So I now have a huge scar just above my pelvic bone and it still hurts sometimes and is quite numb still. They say one of the risks of v-bac is that the scar could rupture and could cause lots of problems for me and the baby. It's rare but still something they warn you of. The only thing I"m concerned about right now is her turning which I know she h has plenty of time but that will ruin my chances of having a v-bac.
Well that's the story...a nice long one!
No comments:
Post a Comment